Welcome to Tom Skilling Photography
I am a keen amateur photographer who loves to take pictures of any subject. I already have a full time job so this is mainly just a hobby but I will happily arrange to take photos for people time permitting for a small fee. I live in a large town called Hamilton in Scotland 11 miles away from Glasgow.
Please feel free to look around the site and send me a message via the contact me page and let me know what you think. Also if you would like some help with your photography again just drop me a message.
Everyone has their own favourites but below are mine, some of them because they help me, others simply because of their talent.
These are the websites I visit either to learn or to see something inspirational. Occasionally I also just want to see what others are up to. If you think I am missing an awesome website just let me know.
- DP Review - The place to go for Camera reviews
- DigitalRev TV - Great reviews on youtube of lenses etc
- Hamilton Camera Club - The camera club I attend
- Jessops - Still the camera shop to go to for advice and choice
- Flickr - A great way to share your images
- Pinterest - Some fantastic shots show up on here, always worth a look
- “You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life.” Joan Miró
- "It’s funny how someone will say a photo is “priceless”, but when asked to buy, they’ll say it’s too much." Jared Polin
- "There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes." Abraham Lincoln
- “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein